filing tax returns


You must file a federal income tax return If you're a citizen or resident of the USA or a resident of Puerto Rico and you meet the filing requirements for some of these categories that are relevant to you. 

1. Individuals in general.

If you are a U.S. citizen or citizen, Whether you have to file a return is determined by three variables. 

-   Your gross income.
-  Your filing status.

Your filing status is determined by whether you Are single or married and in your family situation.  Your filing status is determined by the last day of your tax year, which is December 31 for most taxpayers.  See more for an explanation of each filing status. 

-  Your age

- If you are 65 or older in the end of the Year, you usually can get a higher volume of gross income than other taxpayers before you have to file.  You're considered 65 on the day before your 65th birthday. 

2.  Dependents.

If you are a dependent (1 that meets the dependence Evaluations in phase 3), see Table 1-2 to find out whether you must file a return. 
Duty of parent.   Ordinarily, a child is responsible for filing his or her own tax return And for paying any tax on the return.  If a kid must file an income tax return but can not file because of age or some other reason, then a parent, guardian, or other legally responsible person must file it for the child.  If the child can not sign the return, the parent or guardian must sign the child's name followed by the words "By (your signature), parent for minor child."  Child's earnings.  Amounts a Kid earns by performing services are contained in his or her gross income and not the Gross income of the parent.  This can be true even if under local law the child's parent has the right to the earnings and might actually have received them.  But if the child does not pay the tax due on this income, the parent is responsible for the tax. 

3.  Particular children under age 19 or Full-time pupils

If a child's only income is interest and Dividends (consisting of capital gain distributions and Alaska Permanent Fund dividends), the child was under age 19 at the end of 2017 or was a full-time student under age 24 at the end of 2017, along with certain other circumstances are met, a parent can elect to include the child's income on the parent's return.  If this  election is made, the child does not need to submit a return.

4.  Self-employed persons.

You're self-employed for those who: ·       

Carry on a trade or business as a sole proprietor,
- Are an independent contractor,
- Are a part of a partnership, or
- Are in business for yourself in any other way.

Self-employment can contain function in addition to your regular full-time business activities, like particular part-time work you do in your home or in addition to a regular occupation.  You Have to file a return if your gross income is at least as much as the filing requirement amount for your filing status and age.

5.  Aliens
Your status as an alien (resident, Nonresident, or dual-status) decides whether and how you have to file an income tax return.  The principles utilized to determine your alien status Are discussed in Pub.  519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.  Resident alien for the entire year, you Must file a tax return following the very same principles that apply to U.S. taxpayers.
Who Need To File?
Even if you don't need to document, you need to File a federal income tax return to return if any of the following conditions apply. 
1.  You had federal income tax withheld or made estimated tax payments. 
2.  You qualify for the earned income credit. 
3.  You qualify for the additional child tax credit. 
4.  You qualify for the premium tax credit.
5.  You qualify for the health care tax credit. 
6.  You qualify for the American opportunity credit.  
7.  You qualify for the credit for federal tax on fuels.  
Copyright © Reya Veles  2018. All right reserved.